DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE HOUSE SALAD?
What are your favorite house salads? When folks visit our Inn we try our best to create breakfasts that typically would not be prepared at home in your own kitchen. We provide quite the variety of breakfast foods. Guests are provided with a full country breakfast that includes beverages, a salad, and an entree. There are choices of breakfast dining options to consider. Guests may choose to be seated in our dining room at a private table; as well as other guests at their table at the Inn, private breakfast(s) in your guest room, or skip breakfast option for a reduced rate. Perhaps folks are in town to visit family or friends and they simply would like to have a meal with their loved ones. We understand and by letting us know this option in advance, we can provide a reduced rate on your stay.
WHAT’S FOR BREAKFAST?
One of the most asked questions we hear is … What’s for breakfast? That is a bit challenging to narrow down to one simple answer. What we can tell you is that there is always coffee, tea(s), juice (OJ and/or fresh Apple Cider), a salad, and an entree. The salad is a light dish to wake up your appetite. The entree rotates between a savory dish that may include a quiche, frittata, omelet, or muffin and a sweet dish that may include pancakes, french toast, crepes, or a muffin. Yes, muffins can either be savory or sweet. Whatever is on the chef’s choice menu for that particular day, there is always at least one part of meal (if not all of it) that you will find scrumptious. Our meal plan preparation is based on our guests’ dietary restrictions. Let us know in advance of your stay and we will accommodate your needs. We want to make sure your stay is the most comfortable, enjoyable experience you remember when visiting Lancaster County, PA.
FAVORITE HOUSE SALADS DEMO
Recently, we put together a demo video on two of our favorite house salads. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJXfJIelong
Mango Blueberry and Brainy Breakfast Salads are the most requested salads at the Apple Bin Inn. These are the recipes for our favorite house salads:
MANGO BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST SALAD
2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
Pinch of coarse salt
1-2 cups of blueberries
- Combine lime juice, brown sugar, and salt in a small bowl and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cut mango into chunks
- Toss mango chunks with juice mixture in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours
- Add blueberries just before serving and toss gently
- Garnish with mint if desired
BRAINY BREAKFAST SALAD
- 1 avocado
- 1 apple
- 1 TBL raisins
- 1 TBL walnuts
- 1/2 TBL honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Peel and chop apple. Place in bowl with a drop of water. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir, microwave for 30 seconds longer.
- Cool apples! This step is to make them the same texture (soft) as the avocado.
- While your apples are cooling, mix together honey, vanilla, and cinnamon, until well combined.
- Drain any water from your bowl of apples.
- Chop your avocado and add it to the apples.
- Pour honey sauce over avocados and apples.
- Add raisins and walnuts, and stir gently