POLICIES & FAQs
Simply click for answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are your room rates and taxes?
- Do all of your guest rooms have private bathrooms?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are your check-in and check-out times?
- Do you allow children?
- Do you allow pets?
- What is your smoking policy?
- Do you have guest refrigerators?
- Do you have wireless Internet access?
- Is parking available?
- Can you accommodate special diets?
- Do you offer Gift Certificates?
- Do you have information about things to do in Lancaster County?
- Is the Apple Bin Inn Eco-Friendly?
If you have any other questions, or if you want to discuss any of these in more detail, please give us a call 717-464-5881 or send an email to email@example.com We want your stay at the Apple Bin Inn to be as enjoyable, memorable, and care-free as possible.
What are your room rates and taxes?
Room rates range from $127 to $281 per night, depending on the specific room and dates you select.
Our Rooms & Rates page provides more detailed information about each room, and our Availability page will display the correct room rate when you select your specific reservation dates.
Or simply call to discuss any details and make your reservation!
Rates are based on Double Occupancy (or Quad Occupancy when reserving the Braeburn Cottage with 2 Bedrooms).
There will be a charge of $20 per night for each additional guest, in rooms that can accommodate them.
Please call for details.
For children under 2 years old, a “pack & play” crib is available for an additional $15, in the Braeburn Cottage or McIntosh Room. Please call for crib availability.
If the day bed arrangement is set-up in the Braeburn Cottage, an additional $20 (one twin) or $40 (two twins) will be charged.
Taxes are 7.1%*, and will be added to all rates shown above (significantly lower than the 11% taxes charged by motels!) *subject to change along with government increase/decrease.
While we accept one-night reservations most of the year, certain holidays and peak weekends may require a 2-night minimum stay. Please call for details.
And don’t forget to check our Specials page to see if any great seasonal deals are available!
Yes. Each of our guest accommodations has its own private ensuite bathroom.
Yes. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover, as well as travelers cheques and cash. Please be reminded to bring along the credit card and ID you have reserved your room with. We will accept personal checks if they are received at least 2 weeks prior to your stay. Your personal check must be cleared with our bank at least 7 days prior to your stay.
When you reserve a room, we agree to turn away all other requests for the room you select, and guarantee to hold it for the nights you reserve. In return, you agree to pay the quoted rate for the number of nights you reserve.
We understand that changes can occur to your travel plans. However, since late cancellations affect us significantly, and your circumstances are totally out of our control, we cannot assume all of the risk for late cancellations. Therefore the following cancellation policies apply to all confirmed reservations:
– Cancellations within 3 days of your scheduled arrival date (7 days for peak season & holiday weekends) will be charged for one night, or 50% of the total reservation amount, whichever is greater.
– “No-shows” and early check-outs will be charged the full amount of the reservation.
– Group reservations (3 or more rooms) require email and credit card information for each room booked.
Check-In is between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM.
Check-Out is by 11:00 AM.
Other times must be pre-arranged with the innkeepers.
Yes. We are a family-friendly inn that welcomes children of all ages in the Braeburn Cottage or McIntosh Room, and children older than 13 in the Gala Suite.
For the enjoyment of all of our guests, parents are expected to supervise their children at all times.
Many guests enjoy traveling with their fur-babies and can’t imagine leaving them behind. The McIntosh Room at the Apple Bin Inn provides a space for pet-friendly lodging.
We accept small to medium-sized canine companions at our bed and breakfast. But note, there is only ONE guest room where pets are allowed. Lancaster County is limited to the pet-friendly bed and breakfast inns, so we highly suggest booking as far ahead as possible to improve your chances of finding a room during the dates you need.
The Apple Bin Inn has a few standard rules designed to keep all of our guests happy, safe and comfortable…furry canines and fur-free humans alike. Please recognize and acknowledge when considering your stay with your pet(s):
• Advance Notice. If you’re bringing a dog with you, even if you’ve booked the McIntosh Room, we ask that you let us know ahead of time so we are prepared for your fur-baby’s visit.
• Pet Fee: We charge a pet fee of $30 for your furry friend(s) for the length of your stay. We allow a max of 2 well-behaved dogs in the room. Sorry, no other types of pets are permitted. Pet owners will be liable for any out-of-the-ordinary cleaning bills or repairs, should they be required.
• Vaccines are a Must Have: We require all pets staying with us to be vaccinated so please bring your paperwork with you. We do require proof from you prior to your stay. We require each dog is up-to-date with Rabies, Distemper, Canine Influenza, and Canine Bordetella. It is also necessary that flea and tick prevention is used.
• Housekeeping: We typically clean guest rooms between 10 am – 2 pm. If you’d like your room freshened up, your pet must be either be with you, crated, or not in the room. You can request a specific time for housekeeping if you know of a time you’ll be out of the room with your pet during this period.
• Size Matters: The total weight of your pet(s) must not exceed 90 pounds. This is in consideration of your pet(s) to be crated during your absence. You are asked to provide size and breed information prior to your visit.
• Pets allowed in your room ONLY: I know, it’s crazy, but not all our guests like dogs, so we ask that you keep your pet in the McIntosh Room only (even the main house and cottage are off-limits), and please keep your pet leashed while in the yard.
• Home Alone: We have provided a large crate for when you are out and about exploring, dining, visiting, or generally not with your pet. This is required as a preventative practice in order to avoid any chance that your pet may become “destructive” while you are out. Any dog(s) “in distress” when the owner is out simply make us sad, so we’ll call you to remedy the situation if it occurs.
• Clean up after your pet(s): If you need a baggie, please use the pet waste bags provided and dispose of it in the designated receptacle.
• So this has NEVER happened… please don’t be the first for us! If your pet is not kept in control or disturbs other guests, we reserve the right to take action which quite likely includes eviction.
You will be asked to sign this agreement upon your arrival acknowledging that you have read and understand this policy.
I, _______________________________, understand and agree to follow the standard pet rules as stated in the policies of the Apple Bin Inn. As the registered guest assigned to the McIntosh Room of the Apple Bin Inn, I agree that I am responsible for my pet(s) and their actions. I authorize the Apple Bin Inn to charge my credit card for the standard pet fee of $30, as well as any other extraordinary cleaning and/or repair charges deemed necessary by the Apple Bin Inn to cover damages associated with pets in the room. I understand that if I do not follow these rules, the Inn reserves the right to take action including, but not limited to, eviction from the bed and breakfast without reimbursement of any kind.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the main house, Empire Room Balcony, Braeburn Cottage, or McIntosh Room.
Outdoor smoking is permitted in the designated area of the garden and parking areas.
If you choose to ignore this policy, you will be charged a $150 cleaning fee, and the remainder of your reservation will be cancelled.
A guest refrigerator is located in the living room of the main house, and is stocked with complimentary beverages for our guests to enjoy. It is also available for guest storage, space permitting. The Braeburn Cottage and McIntosh Room have their own refrigerators for your convenience.
Yes. Free Wireless Internet access is available at the inn for your computer or mobile device.
Yes. We have plenty of free, off-street, lighted parking here at the inn. (If you’re traveling with a trailer or motor home, please call to discuss space availability.)
We will accommodate most special dietary needs. Just let us know your requirements in the special requests section when you make your reservation. Also, please tell us of any food allergies or sensitivities you have, so we are able to avoid using those ingredients in your breakfasts.
Yes! Personalized Gift Certificates may be purchased all year ~ and they NEVER EXPIRE! They make wonderful gifts for friends, family, clergy, or business associates. They’re perfect for holidays, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, second honeymoons, business gifts, employee rewards, or just to say “Thanks”. Your recipients choose the dates that work best for them, and make their reservation directly with us. Please click here to order online, or give us a call at 717-464-5881 and we’ll handle all the details with you by phone.
Yes! We have a large assortment of local brochures, magazines, books, restaurant menus, coupons and other information about area attractions, restaurants, shopping, and all of the other activities that make Pennsylvania Dutch Country famous! We’re also happy to share our own advice and directions for the various activities around our wonderful county. You may also wish to look at our Local Attractions and Restaurants pages to help you plan your itinerary.
Here at the Apple Bin Inn, “eco-friendly” is more than just a buzzword. We try our best to be good citizens of our planet. Our efforts include recycling paper, plastic, metal, electronics, and building materials; using energy-efficient LED lighting; using a water-saving front load washing machine; using a high-efficiency dishwasher; using biodegradable, non-toxic detergents and cleaning supplies; mulching or composting of all lawn and garden waste; donating towels to the Lancaster Humane League; donating clothing and linens to Community Aid and Mennonite Central Committee; using local products in our cooking (many organic products as well); and being active members of our community. In fact, even our website is “green”, because we utilize a web hosting company that powers its servers and offices with 100% renewable energy!